Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Time Last Year

Once when I was young, I felt so afraid
I cried myself to sleep as to my God I prayed
But as I grew older, His light seemed to dim
I walked down the valley on a road paved with sin
Everywhere that I go, every place that I look
The truth is told by liars and the law run by crooks
Every person I know who has a tale to tell
Speaks of persecution and time spent in a cell
All these false accusations just don't seem to end
If you're looking for justice, then you're lost my friend
As people will tell you, the most heinous crime
Is simply existence in the wrong place and time
Look at the sun as it falls from the sky
Only this time last year no-one thought to think why
Tomorrow looks hazy seen through tears of today
Just believe in the future; they can't take that away

No comments:

Post a Comment